Interested in this course? Suggested next steps…
This comprehensive, ready-to-adopt Abnormal Psychology course provides thorough coverage of all topics from The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5), including a discussion of all major mental disorders, etiology, epidemiology, and treatments. The course includes frequent examples, case studies, videos, and practice opportunities to foster application and critical thinking.
- Module 1: Understanding Abnormal Behavior
- Module 2: Research and Ethics in Abnormal Psychology
- Module 3: Psychological Approaches and Treatment of Abnormal Behavior
- Module 4: Anxiety Disorders
- Module 5: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Stressor Related Disorders
- Module 6: Somatic Symptom Disorders and Dissociative Disorders
- Module 7: Mood Disorders
- Module 8: Eating and Sleep Disorders
- Module 9: Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
- Module 10: Sexual Deviations and Dysfunctions
- Module 11: Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Module 12: Personality Disorders
- Module 13: Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence
- Module 14: Neurocognitive Disorders
Abnormal Psychology is available as a Waymaker course or as a Candela course.
- Waymaker: User-friendly digital courseware with data-driven learning design, personalization, and messaging tools that can increase student engagement, persistence, and passing rates.
- Candela: Lumen Learning’s Candela courses provide curated and outcome-aligned open educational resources (OER) in a convenient e-book format.