Along with CollaborationU, ConflictU is part of the “Collaboration Suite.”
This 1-unit mini-course teaches introductory conflict resolution skills. It is designed to embed in courses with a significant team project component, assigned when student teams are formed. The course challenges the student to lead a team of peers in a real-world situation. Like in real life, the team’s project requires coordinating a wide array of skills, opinions, and personalities. The initial decisions and conflicts the student encounters will shape both the team dynamics and the product the team makes. Students will learn the importance of finding out everyone’s views and feelings, and how to delve deeper and identify the key interests or needs that must be addressed in order to resolve conflicts constructively.
These materials are available as an OLI course.
- Open Learning Initiative (OLI) courses are designed by learning scientists at Carnegie Mellon University. They use data and research insights to develop, test, and improve OER course materials that effectively support learning.
Why Teach with Lumen Course Materials?
- Replace expensive textbooks: Ready-to-adopt open educational resources (OER) include text, videos, simulations, self-checks, and other interactives.
- Choose affordability: Available at no cost to SUNY students.
- Use better content: Continuous, data-driven improvements make OER content more effective at supporting learning.
- Simplify access: Easy access to course materials in your LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, and Moodle) plus automatic grade return.
- Improve student outcomes: Research shows Lumen course materials can improve academic performance, passing rates, and course completion.
- Save time: Start with curated, outcome-aligned OER and supplemental instructor resources like quiz banks, assignments, slide decks, etc.
- Customize your course: Freedom to tailor course content to fit your learning outcomes and instructional approach.
- Enjoy awesome support: Faculty-friendly onboarding, training, and support.
- Learn by doing: Self-checks, online homework, and other interactive tools strengthen learning.
- Engage from day one: Avoid falling behind with access course materials from the first day of class.
- Retain materials: Download a digital copy of course content to keep forever.
- Become a better learner: Waymaker’s real-time feedback and nudges guide students on where to focus and how to improve.