Interested in this course? Suggested next steps…
Dana Center : Introductory Statistics – Analyzing Data with Purpose
The Dana Center Mathematics Pathways (DCMP) Introductory Statistics: Analyzing Data with Purpose (ISAP) course is a college-level introductory statistics course organized around broad statistical concepts and intended to serve students pursuing careers in business, allied health, nursing, and the social and behavioral sciences.
This introductory statistics course is grounded in data, with engaging contexts bringing meaning to the work. Students are asked to learn from data and communicate with data, with a focus on the investigative process that leads to data-based conclusions. In this course, statistical thinking is viewed as an investigative process that leads to data-based conclusions. This type of statistical thinking promotes student success in future courses, helps students gain skills for the workplace, and prepares them to become well-informed, engaged citizens.
This course develops essential conceptual understanding by supporting students in:
- Learning good practice in study design
- Presentation and interpretation of univariate data using both graphical and numerical methods
- Discrete and continuous probability distributions
- Linear regression
- Statistical inference
- Confidence intervals
- Hypothesis testing
- Inference for regression
- Analysis of variance
This Dana Center course is available inside of Lumen Learning’s Online Homework Manager (aka OHM). OHM offers seamless LMS integration, technical support, and the robust features and functionality math faculty rely on to better support their students and gain actionable student performance analytics.
Additional Course Features
These course materials include:
- Online Homework Manager (OHM): A flexible, user-friendly math homework system with customizable learning content, assessments, and activities you can tailor to fit your needs. Request an OHM instructor account.
- Candela: Lumen Learning’s Candela courses provide curated and outcome-aligned open educational resources (OER) in a convenient e-book format.
- Outcome-aligned OER: Designed to replace expensive textbooks, this course curates open educational resources (OER) aligned with learning outcomes. Teach as-is or customize to fit your needs.
- LMS Integration: This course may be delivered with seamless LMS integration and automatic grade return for Canvas, Blackboard, Brightspace, and Moodle.
- Accessibility: Lumen is 100% committed to providing learning materials that are accessible to all learners. Lumen course materials are mobile-friendly.