Interested in this course? Suggested next steps…
Dana Center : Quantitative Reasoning
The Dana Center Mathematics Pathways (DCMP) Quantitative Reasoning (QR) course is a college-level course designed for students who are focused on developing quantitative reasoning skills meaningful to their professional, civic, and personal lives. Optional corequisite support materials are available and are aligned with each of the activities of the QR course.
Quantitative reasoning is a habit of mind—seeking pattern and order when faced with unfamiliar contexts. This course uses collaborative learning techniques to help students recognize the need for data-driven decision making, and brings to light the dangers inherent in basing decisions solely on anecdotal evidence. Mathematical concepts in Quantitative Reasoning include: numeracy, mathematical modeling, basic statistical reasoning, and analysis of complex information using graphical strategies.
This Dana Center course is available inside of Lumen Learning’s Online Homework Manager (aka OHM). OHM offers seamless LMS integration, technical support, and the robust features and functionality math faculty rely on to better support their students and gain actionable student performance analytics.
Additional Course Features
These course materials include:
- Online Homework Manager (OHM): A flexible, user-friendly math homework system with customizable learning content, assessments, and activities you can tailor to fit your needs. Request an OHM instructor account.
- Candela: Lumen Learning’s Candela courses provide curated and outcome-aligned open educational resources (OER) in a convenient e-book format.
- Outcome-aligned OER: Designed to replace expensive textbooks, this course curates open educational resources (OER) aligned with learning outcomes. Teach as-is or customize to fit your needs.
- LMS Integration: This course may be delivered with seamless LMS integration and automatic grade return for Canvas, Blackboard, Brightspace, and Moodle.
- Accessibility: Lumen is 100% committed to providing learning materials that are accessible to all learners. Lumen course materials are mobile-friendly.