Interested in this course? Suggested next steps…
Dana Center : Reasoning with Functions I
The Dana Center Mathematics Pathways (DCMP) Reasoning with Functions I course prepares students to enter Calculus and succeed in future STEM coursework. The course is for students who have completed Foundations of Mathematical Reasoning or placed at the Intermediate Algebra level. Additionally, these students plan on taking Calculus or pursuing other technical or STEM coursework that requires a thorough knowledge of functions and algebraic reasoning.
Reasoning with Functions I includes embedded, just-in-time instruction in the algebraic skills that would traditionally be included in an intermediate algebra course. It gives students a strong foundation in functions and their behavior by using multiple representations and explicit covariational reasoning to investigate and explore quantities, their relationships, and how these relationships change. Additionally, this course provides students with the algebraic tools necessary to analyze a variety of function types, including linear, quadratic, polynomial, power, exponential, and logarithmic functions.
This Dana Center course is available inside of Lumen Learning’s Online Homework Manager (aka OHM). OHM offers seamless LMS integration, technical support, and the robust features and functionality math faculty rely on to better support their students and gain actionable student performance analytics.
Additional Course Features
These course materials include:
- Online Homework Manager (OHM): A flexible, user-friendly math homework system with customizable learning content, assessments, and activities you can tailor to fit your needs. Request an OHM instructor account.
- Candela: Lumen Learning’s Candela courses provide curated and outcome-aligned open educational resources (OER) in a convenient e-book format.
- Outcome-aligned OER: Designed to replace expensive textbooks, this course curates open educational resources (OER) aligned with learning outcomes. Teach as-is or customize to fit your needs.
- LMS Integration: This course may be delivered with seamless LMS integration and automatic grade return for Canvas, Blackboard, Brightspace, and Moodle.
- Accessibility: Lumen is 100% committed to providing learning materials that are accessible to all learners. Lumen course materials are mobile-friendly.