Interested in this course? Suggested next steps…
Dana Center : Reasoning with Functions II
The Dana Center Mathematics Pathways (DCMP) Reasoning with Functions II course is designed for students who have completed Reasoning With Functions I, or College Algebra, and plan on taking Calculus courses or pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics coursework that requires a thorough knowledge of functions and algebraic reasoning.
Reasoning with Functions II provides students the opportunity to use multiple representations and explicit covariational reasoning to investigate and explore quantities, their relationships, and how these relationships change. Students use their knowledge of functions to model and solve problems involving algebraic and transcendental functions and equations. Students also develop the algebraic tools necessary to model and solve problems using trigonometric functions and their properties. After completing this course, students will be prepared to take
This Dana Center course is available inside of Lumen Learning’s Online Homework Manager (aka OHM). OHM offers seamless LMS integration, technical support, and the robust features and functionality math faculty rely on to better support their students and gain actionable student performance analytics.
Additional Course Features
These course materials include:
- Online Homework Manager (OHM): A flexible, user-friendly math homework system with customizable learning content, assessments, and activities you can tailor to fit your needs. Request an OHM instructor account.
- Candela: Lumen Learning’s Candela courses provide curated and outcome-aligned open educational resources (OER) in a convenient e-book format.
- Outcome-aligned OER: Designed to replace expensive textbooks, this course curates open educational resources (OER) aligned with learning outcomes. Teach as-is or customize to fit your needs.
- LMS Integration: This course may be delivered with seamless LMS integration and automatic grade return for Canvas, Blackboard, Brightspace, and Moodle.
- Accessibility: Lumen is 100% committed to providing learning materials that are accessible to all learners. Lumen course materials are mobile-friendly.