Interested in this course? Suggested next steps…
Developmental Math Emporium
This course is designed to be used as a solution for schools who would like to offer an emporium style course that covers the developmental math series. As a Waymaker course, Developmental Math Emporium provides plenty of structure for students around the process of studying and mastering learning outcomes. It can be implemented as an emporium style lab course, a self-paced online course, or to help determine placement of a student. The course includes embedded algorithmically generated practice questions, worked-example videos, and a complete set of outcome aligned online assessments.
Brief Table of Contents
- Module 1: Whole Numbers
- Module 2: The Language of Algebra
- Module 3: Integers
- Module 4: Fractions
- Module 5: Decimals
- Module 6: Ratios, Rates, Probabilities, and Averages
- Module 7: Percents
- Module 8: Geometry
- Module 9: Real Numbers
- Module 10: Linear Equations
- Module 11: Linear Inequalities
- Module 12: Exponents
- Module 13: Polynomials
- Module 14: Factoring
- Module 15: Graphs
- Module 16: Linear Systems
- Module 17: Rational Expressions and Equations
- Module 18: Roots and Rational Exponents
- Module 19: Quadratic Equations and Complex Numbers
- Module 20: Linear Functions and Function Notation
- Module 21: Quadratic, Polynomial, and Piecewise Functions
- Module 22: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Module 23: Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
Additional Course Features
These course materials include:
- Waymaker: User-friendly Waymaker learning tools improve success for at-risk students with personalized study plans, automated study tips and nudges, and early alerts to identify and help struggling students. Request access to Waymaker in your LMS.
- Online Homework Manager (OHM): A flexible, user-friendly math homework system with customizable learning content, assessments, and activities you can tailor to fit your needs. Request an OHM instructor account.
- Outcome-aligned OER: Designed to replace expensive textbooks, this course curates open educational resources (OER) aligned with learning outcomes. Teach as-is or customize to fit your needs.
- LMS Integration: This course may be delivered with seamless LMS integration and automatic grade return for Canvas, Blackboard, Brightspace, and Moodle.
- Accessibility: Lumen is 100% committed to providing learning materials that are accessible to all learners. Lumen course materials are mobile-friendly.