Interested in this course? Suggested next steps…
English Composition II
English Composition II offers comprehensive support for college research writing, from planning and research to drafting and revising. Eight core modules cover the complete research, writing, and editing process, while two OPTIONAL modules, “Beyond the Research Paper” and “Working with Literature,” allow for greater flexibility in course design and coverage.
Each module includes a list of suggested readings, which address the module’s themes in a more essayistic style. These openly-licensed essays can be placed directly in the LMS to model essay form, enrich students’ understanding of the topics, and jumpstart discussions or writing assignments.
Five “process narratives” offer in-depth, practical examples of the process of research writing, culminating in a sample student paper.
Table of Contents:
- Module 1: Asking Questions
- Module 2: Academic Argument
- Module 3: Critical Reading
- Module 4: Developing a Research Project
- Module 5: Locating and Evaluating Sources
- Module 6: Integrating Sources
- Module 7: Drafting a Research Paper
- Module 8: Revising a Research Paper
- Optional: Beyond the Research Paper
- Optional: Working with Literature
Additional Course Features
These course materials include:
- Waymaker Courseware: User-friendly Waymaker learning tools improve success for at-risk students with personalized study plans, automated study tips and nudges, and early alerts to identify and help struggling students.
- Outcome-aligned OER: Designed to replace expensive textbooks, this course curates the best available open educational resources (OER) aligned with learning outcomes. Teach it as-is or customize to fit your needs.
- LMS Integration: This course is delivered with seamless LMS integration and automatic grade return for Canvas, Blackboard, Brightspace, and Moodle.
- Accessibility: Lumen is 100% committed to providing learning materials that are accessible to all learners. Lumen course materials are mobile-friendly.